Who wouldn’t love some Butternut Squash soup on this chilly Fall day? This is a little diversion from interiors, but I wanted to share it anyway. So get out your beautiful soup bowls and enjoy this warming recipe!
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
2. Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
(Another idea is to cook all the ingredients on low in your crockpot and have it waiting for you when you get home from work. You can add and/or eliminate lots of ingredients. Try using apples or carrots.)
Please, like always, share your thoughts and suggestions!